Anyways, we had a brunch party for her, so we made delicious breakfast foods (which is one of my favorite meals). I contributed to this meal by making mini quiches, and they were amazing. I found the recipe, and I changed it a little. If you like breakfast and/or quiches, you should try this recipe out. I think it is a new favorite in my book.
- 12 slices bread
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 of a head of broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon medley of herbs-basil, chives, oregano, etc. I use Persian blend from Penzey's
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 shakes of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin tins.
- Saute the onion and broccoli a frying pan until onion is translucent and broccoli is tender.
- Trim or cut bread into circles. Place circles in bottom of muffin tins. Distribute the onion, broccoli and shredded cheese evenly between the muffin tins.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, eggs, mustard and pepper. Divide between the muffin tins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a quiche comes out clean.