Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lemon Pudding Souffles

A wonderful friend gave me ramekins for a gift, so of course I had to use them.  All I could think about making is a souffle, in which it is something I have never made before.  That didn't stop me, so I looked on-line and in magazines.  I found the perfect recipe, so I tried making them.  They turned out great, and my family loves them.  I double the recipe to serve 4 or 5 people.  You should try them for yourself.  They are a great treat and not a heavy dessert. 

Lemon Pudding Souffles
1 egg, separated
1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. milk
1 T. butter, melted
1 T. all-purpose flour
Dash salt
2 T. lemon juice
½ tsp. grated lemon peel
Coarse sugar, edible pansies and fresh mint leaves, optional
Yield: 2 servings
Prep: 20 min
Bake: 25 min

Directions:
1.     In a small mixing bowl, beat egg yolk until slightly thickened. Gradually add sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in the milk, butter, flour and salt. Stir in lemon juice and peel.
2.     In a small mixing bowl, beat egg white until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, stir a fourth of egg white into lemon mixture until no white streaks remain. Fold in remaining egg white until combined.
3.     Divide between two ungreased 6 oz. Ramekins or custard cups. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish; add 1 in of hot water to dish.
4.     Bake at 350° for 25-30 min or until tops are golden brown. If desired, sprinkle with coarse sugar, and garnish with pansies and mint. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. I'm giving a review, 'cuz I got to eat these.
    AMAZING.
    The end.

    ReplyDelete