Garbanzo Bean Chocolate Cake (Gluten Free)
1 ½ cups Semisweet chocolate chips
1 (19 oz) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
¾ cup white sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
5 T butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place cupcake papers in tins.
2. Place the chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl. Cook in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds after the first minute, until chocolate is melted and smooth. If you have a powerful microwave, reduce the power to 50 percent.
3. Combine the beans and eggs in the bowl of a food processer. Process until smooth. Add the sugar, baking powder, vanilla, and butter and pulse until blended. Pour the melted chocolate into the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Transfer batter into cupcake papers and fill until almost to top of papers.
4. Bake 23 minutes or until cooked through.
White Chocolate Frosting
3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
¼ c. ( ½ stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ½ c. powdered sugar
- Put the white chocolate in a heatproof container or the top of a double boiler, and place it over, but not touching, a saucepan of barely simmering water (or the bottom of the double boiler). Stir until the white chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla, and using an electric mixer on low speed, beat until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the powdered sugar, mixing until the frosting is smooth, about 1 minute. Use a small spatula to spread about 2 T. of frosting over top of each cupcake, mounding it slightly in the center.